Grow Achieve Explore
Our Mission Statement reflects the ethos and values of Calder Vale St. John’s CE Primary School. We aim to enable all members of our school community to fulfill their potential within our caring Christian ethos. Therefore, as a school, our objectives are to:
- Educate our children intellectually, socially, spiritually, emotionally, physically and aesthetically, and so develop the full potential of each child.
- Stimulate pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds and promote active learning in all areas of the curriculum.
- Provide every opportunity for the children to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values needed to enable them to enjoy living in a changing world.
- Be distinguished by the quality of care that we extend to all who are part of our greater school community.
- Encourage the children to have respect and consideration for others and so relate positively to other people.
- Reflect a commitment to the Christian faith in the family life of the school, and in the welcome to children, parents and members of the community.
- Welcome all children from the neighborhood, whatever their parents’ beliefs.
- Ensure that prayer and worship are central to the life of the school.
- Attach high priority to strong links between school, home and the United Parish.